Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ghost Town.


I used to watch Westerns with my brother Jonathan. Jon and I always seemed to watch the shoot em ups. Westerns, War War II movies. And Jon would take great joy in reenacting these scenes of carnage on me his younger and weaker brother usually pouncing on me when the ending credits rolled and pinning me to the carpet in one of his fancy wrestling moves (he later was big contributor on the varsity wrestling team for Staples High our alma mater. But it was in Westerns that I would see the ghost towns. These once inhabited, once healthy outposts now barren and devoid of life. Well that is how I feel about this blog. No one in the immediate family much cares about this blog. No one has volunteered to write anything for it. I decided today that it was pretty much a pride-led thing to start it in the first place. I saw a sparkly blog that a young married couple had started in our ward. All their family and friends had sparkly blogs too filled with cute little wasatch blonde kids and scrapbooky layouts and so I decided well The Davis Family should have a blog. But as my dearly beloved Christie is fond of saying there is nothing so foolish as doing something that doesn't need to be done at all. And so I am saying farewell. I may even, ere long, sign off Facebook too. I am not sure what purpose my daily status serve except a vehicle for my telling people how awesome my life is like the Christmas letters we all get that say, John has just finished his screenplay for Fox and I am serving as chairman of the junior league and my parents just got called to be mission presidents on the moon, and our kids have all been translated so we're empty nesters now so we moved to a smaller pied-a-terre in Gramercy Park and its so dang fun. So Im evaluating that too. If any one wants me to keep this blog going let me know. Otherwise it will sit, empty, like a the ghost towns of my movie watching youth. See you around pardners. If you I think I should stick around these parts give a holler. Otherwise I'm hitting the trail.

1 comment:

  1. I check in occasionally and love to hear about the good things that are happening in the Davis family. It's also a little taste from "home" for me. I love your pictures of your family and Darien and I don't even think you're pretentious if you get to be called to be mission presidents on the moon!
    -Kirsta E.

    ReplyDelete